This recipe appeared in the August 2010 issue of Texoma Living!.
– 16 ounces spring mix greens, washed and dried
– 6 water chestnuts, peeled and sliced thin if fresh, if canned, drained and sliced thin
– ¼ cup slivered almonds, pan roasted until lightly browned juice from 3 limes
– 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
– ½ teaspoon salt
– 1 teaspoon sugar
– About 20 grinds fresh black pepper or to taste
– 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustards
Toss greens, water chestnuts and almond and distribute on six chilled salad plates.
Whisk or shake together the lime juice and olive oil until emulsified. Add salt, sugar and mustard and whisk or shake until blended. Add fresh ground black pepper to taste and mix. Drizzle dressing over greens.
1 thought on “Spring Mix, Water Chestnuts, & Almonds with Black Pepper Lime Dressing”