This recipe appeared in the Summer 2008 issue of Texoma Living!.
Found in Chef Cathy’s Award-winning cookbook, Ordinary Made Extraordinary
– 4 cups fresh cabbage, chopped
– 1 can whole kernel corn (I like to roast it in a pan over medium heat for 5 minutes.)
– ½ cup white onion, chopped
– ¼ cup cheddar cheese, diced
– 2 TBS. black olives, sliced (I keep them whole sometimes.)
– 1 cup mayonnaise
– 2 TBS. sugar
– 2 TBS. vinegar
– 4 tsp. yellow mustard
– ½ tsp. celery seed
In a large bowl, mix all coleslaw ingredients together. In a small bowl, mix all dressing ingredients together. Pour dressing over slaw and toss well. Chill for 1 hour before serving. Note: This is better if made a day in advance.